Notes: (latest notes always appear at the top)
- This afternoon's Stage 3B individual time trial starts at 14:30 CET (8:30am U.S. Eastern).
- Filippo Pozzato (Katusha) lost 48 seconds held up by one of the crashes in the peloton and fell to second place overall behind Frederik Willems of Liquigas. The sport.be ticker says that Pozzato has decided to skip this afternoon's time trial and is thus out of the race. He is a favorite for Sunday's Ronde van Vlaanderen.
- That was a dangerous finishing circuit! Two Garmin-Slipstream riders hit the same flower pot on consecutive trips around the circuit. Unbelievable. The first one was Svein Tuft, who appeared to be okay. UK correspondent Bernie S. writes: "I dont think a guy like Svein Tuft who lived with just his dog in the Canadian wilderness is going to worry too much about falling over road furniture." The second Garmin rider to hit the "road furniture" was announced on Sport+ as Michael Friedman. He seemed okay. Surely it wasn't Tuft again?
- The Sport+ commentators are Frédéric Brindelle and Cyrille Guimard (color). Guimard is a former pro rider but best known as a very successful directeur sportif for cycling greats such as Bernard Hinault, Laurent Fignon, Lucien Van Impe and Greg LeMond. He signed LeMond to his first pro contract and was also with Cofidis when they signed Lance Armstrong following Motorola's exit from the sport.
- Not quite live. Looks like the Sport+ coverage is about 11+km behind the actual race.
- Stage 3A LIVE now on Sport+ (France).
- Sporza appears to be geo-restricted to Belgium again today. We think there may be another live video feed starting at 11:00 CET (5am U.S. Eastern). -Bernie S.
- According to the Google-translated ticker, Mark Cavendish may be doing the dishes this morning. -Pete
- Today's morning stage 3A departed De Panne at 9:10 CET (3:10am U.S. Eastern) and is expected back at the finish in De Panne between 11:44 and 12:11 CET (5:44am and 6:11am U.S. Eastern). The afternoon stage 3B, an individual time trial, starts at 14:30 CET (8:30am U.S. Eastern) when the first rider departs. Three Days of De Panne live video coverage on cycling.tv is scheduled to begin at 10:00 CET (4am U.S. Eastern) for stage 3A and at 14:25 CET (8:25am U.S. Eastern) for stage 3B. The Sporza schedule lists the same start times as CTV for both stages.
- We recommend you open our Twitter feed in a separate window now. If ever we have a server outage, we will update on Twitter and direct you to a live coverage page on another server.
- Welcome to our live coverage guide for the 2009 Three Days of De Panne. (Also known as Les Trois Jours de La Panne (French) or KBC-Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde (Dutch)).
2009 Three Days of De Panne LIVE
Belgium, March 31-April 2
Start List (.pdf)
Stage 3A start: 9:10 CET
Finish: 11:44 to 12:11 CET
Live video: 10:00 CET
De Panne weather
Live video streaming:
(more video links to come if available)
Live audio streaming:
(Google-translated to English)
(more tickers to come if available)
News and photos:
Yahoo photo gallery (AP/AFP)
Copyright © 2009 www.cyclingfans.com