Tour of California LIVE - Stage 1
2009 Tour of California Stage 1, just before the town of Winters: Tyler Hamilton, Stuart O'Grady, and Lance Armstrong in the peloton on a miserable day in the rain. Photo sent mid-stage by wireless 3G card.
photo Copyright © Laura Alber/cyclingfans.com
Notes: (latest notes always appear at the top)
- Monday's Tour of California Stage 2 starts at 8:30am PST (11:30am U.S. Eastern, 17:30 CET).
- Leave it to Bernie (U.K.) to remind me (Chicago) that Johan Bruyneel once again is tweeting from the road in California. -Pete
- Finally, live images are available.
- Report from the road: Just spoke by phone with our photographer Laura Alber. She says Francisco Mancebo is riding along minutes ahead of the closest chase group with the biggest grin on his face. Laura and Carlos Rico have been sending in photos by wireless 3G card while driving. Will get something posted in a couple of minutes. -Pete
- Eurosport audio feeds are playing but Eurosport, like everyone else, are working without much in the way of images.
- U.K. correspondent Bernie S. reports: "Lots of people in Europe complaining on Forums they can't access Tour Tracker because of server taking its limit of 100,000. Taken me 3 attempts but I am in now listening to Frankie and Joe." Hopefully access will improve once cycling.tv and Eurosport coverage gets underway. (If they get images from the race and go on the air, that is.) Stay tuned.
- Added to our growing list of Tour of California Video Highlights below.
- We revealed in our pre-race photo gallery which team has a Hannah Montana poster in the team truck. (It's Garmin-Slipstream.) Our correspondent Carlos Rico reports that the team actually has TWO Hannah Montana posters in the truck. "The garmin tech declined to go on the record concerning their obvious affinity for the teen diva!"
- JoeE Silva and Frankie Andreu are live at the finish in Santa Rosa on the Tour Tracker. No images yet from the race itself, which just got underway. cycling.tv, Eurosport, and Versus Tour of California live coverage begin a bit later. (scheduled start times below)
Still to come: Our TOC Prologue photo gallery
- We recommend you open our Twitter feed in a separate window now. If ever we have a server outage, we will update on Twitter and direct you to a live coverage page on another server.
- Tour of California live video of Stage 1 starts on cycling.tv at 2:30pm local time (5:30pm U.S. Eastern and 23:30 CET). Tour of California live coverage on Eurosport is scheduled to begin at 00:00 CET (6pm U.S. Eastern). Live TV coverage on Versus in the U.S. is scheduled to begin at 3pm PST (6pm Eastern).
- Welcome to our live coverage guide for the 2009 Tour of California.
Stage 1 starts at 12:00pm PST
Live video streaming:
(more video links to come if available)
Live audio streaming:
News and photos:
Copyright © 2009 www.cyclingfans.com